Installation Instructions for Stacked Stone Panels (video)
This video provides all the guidance you need to get professional results on interior and exterior stacked stone installations, including how to calculate materials and the essential tools and supplies you’ll need.
It also takes you through a simple step-by-step demonstration of an indoor stacked stone install, from preparation to the application, cutting to placement. Avoid typical DIY pitfalls and get the custom look installation that you desire with stacked stone panels.
Installation Tips From David Croteau
Natural Stone Ledger panels are trimmed pieces of natural ledger stone affixed together to form modular panels, which allows for the streamlined installation of dry stacked ledge stone veneer. Natural stone veneer panels feature a unique joint design that becomes virtually undetectable after installation. We offer these panels in two styles: Natural stone ledger stepped panels and “L“ ledger stepped panel corners for outside corner.
Natural Stone Ledger Panels can be used to create beautiful stone veneer on interior or exterior walls. Substrate should be structurally sound, clean, dry and free of debris. Substrate can be cement block wall or cement board attached to the wall.
Stepped Panels are designed to interlock together like puzzle pieces. Panel A will lock into Panel B and so on for a seamless fit.
1. Working from the bottom of the wall upward, coat the wall with 0.5 inch plus layer of mortar, covering slightly more than the width of each panel.
2. Apply layer of mortar to the back of the ledger panel and press the panel firmly in place. To ensure maximum bond of each panel to the wall surface, use a rubber mallet to tap each ledger panel in to its final position.
3. Repeat Step #2, adding panels in a linear direction (end-to-end, rather than stacking) to create multiple layers of panels until the desired height is reached.
4. Standard 6 x 24: Natural Ledge Panels feature Stepped Cut design which creates a seamless look, as random stone pieces were set by a craftsman.
5. To protect your stone from stains and spills, we recommend sealing the stone surfaces.
Contact Us ONLINE or Call 978-742-9800
Visit us Mon-Fri 8am-4pm 265 Foster St. Littleton, MA 01460
Mon - Fri 8 am to 4 pm EST
265 Foster Street, Littleton, MA 01460
WE SHIP ANYWHERE