FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
The pictures look great but what about some samples?
- Awesome idea, we highly recommend this! We would be happy to mail some pieces out to you. Order samples on the individual product page for the stone you are interested in. Shipping thin veneer is more reasonable on shipping and will help you compare color and texture to what you are looking for.
Who endorses your stone?
- We craft our stone for the builders, architects, masons, and project owners that want the finest Historic Fieldstone from New England. Check out the feedback section for text and videos from folks who stand behind our craftsmanship.
How do I install Thin Veneer?
- Please read Installing Thin Stone Veneer for more information.
How much does this stone cost?
- Our price sheet is under the 'Literature' header. This is FOB Littleton, MA price, and it will vary according to shipping distance and quantity.
- Your local dealer will be a great resource to not only decide on the most appropriate stone, but coordinate shipping to reduce overall transportation costs.
- If you need a formal quote, simply send us the complete project details and plans using our contact page or via fax at 978-742-9898.
What are the ASTM specifications and physical properties of your stone?
- Our technical specifications covers this.
How do I calculate my stone requirements?
- Use our on-line product calculators to determine coverage or send us project details and plans using our contact form.
How do I install a dry laid fieldstone retaining wall?
Are there any books available on working with stone and stone walls? Yes, here are a few we recommend:
- "The Granite Kiss: Traditions and Techniques of Building New England Stone Walls" by Kevin Gardner, et al, available in book stores and at Amazon.com.
- "Ten Landscapes" Stephen Stimson Associates ISBN # 1-564-96-858-8 $25.00 Available at Amazon.com.